|“||Stoick and Hiccup are led on a wild goose chase in search of willow bark for medicine, leaving Berk vulnerable to an enemy attack.||”|
This section requires expansion.
After the Dragon Riders inform Stoick on Johann's betrayal, he orders all of Johann's shipments to be destroyed. Now needing a new trader, the residents of Berk trial three new ones but conveniently none of them have any willow bark stocked. This prompts Stoick and Hiccup to partake in a journey to gather their own willow bark. Back on Berk, the three new traders are participating in a cooking contest to showcase their food supplies. To their dismay, however, Ruffnut and Tuffnut declare the contest a draw. Dragon Hunters immediately invade the Great Hall and the Trader unveil weapons proving that this was all a scheme by Johann to destroy Berk. Once the rest of the Dragon Riders escape from the hunters and Astrid makes it outside, she sees that the entire village has already been overrun by the Dragon Flyers and it's not long before she, along with the other Dragon Riders, are once again detained inside the Great Hall. After Hiccup and Stoick both realize that it had all been a trick, they then quickly return to a Berk that it heavily fortified by Dragon Flyers with a ballista. Stoick and Skullcrusher attack Krogan, and Hiccup and Toothless aim for the ballista. After successfully disarming the ballista, Hiccup and Toothless gather all the other dragon and free the detained Dragon Riders. Together they overpower Krogan and the Flyers and send them off the island.
- The title is a play on the phrase "All Bark and No Bite".
- Gobber is shown to have a hidden dagger inside of his peg leg, which Hiccup had made for him on his birthday.
- This is the first time Hiccup genuinely fought and defended himself against his father's words.
- This is the second time Stoick's choice of plans endangered the island. The first time is in "Alvin and the Outcasts".
- Jay Baruchel as Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III
- America Ferrera as Astrid Hofferson
- Christopher Mintz-Plasse as Fishlegs Ingerman
- T.J. Miller as Tuffnut Thorston
- Andrée Vermeulen as Ruffnut Thorston
- Zack Pearlman as Snotlout Jorgenson
- Nolan North as Stoick the Vast
- Chris Edgerly as Gobber the Belch
- Night Fury
- Deadly Nadder
- Monstrous Nightmare
- Hideous Zippleback
- Terrible Terror