How to Train Your Dragon: Homecoming is an upcoming Holiday Special that will be released on December 3, 2019.
|“||This holiday season, reunite with Hiccup, Astrid, Toothless, Light Fury and all your friends on the Isle of New Berk in this all-new CG animated adventure based upon the critically acclaimed How to Train Your Dragon film trilogy from DreamWorks Animation. Starring the vocal talents of Jay Baruchel, America Ferrera, Gerard Butler, Craig Ferguson and Christopher Mintz-Plasse among others, the story centers around Hiccup's plan to celebrate dragons with a grand holiday pageant at the Snoggletog Festival. This heartwarming idea leads to a series of unexpected, hilarious and thrilling events — but no matter what happens, everyone in Berk is reminded that dragons and humans are forever bonded. [src]||”|
|“||Snoggletog is the best time of the year! It's been ten years since the dragons moved to the Hidden World, and even though Toothless doesn't live in New Berk anymore, Hiccup continues the holiday traditions he once shared with his best friend. But the Vikings of New Berk were beginning to forget about their friendship with dragons. Hiccup, Astrid, and Gobber know just what to do to keep the dragons in the villagers' hearts. And across the sea, the dragons have a plan of their own... [src]||”|
|“||When it becomes clear that the new generation of Vikings doesn't remember the bond between dragon and human, Hiccup sets a plan to celebrate with a grand Snoggletog holiday pageant and gets a heartwarming surprise visit from Toothless for one more adventure. Reunite with Hiccup, Astrid, Toothless, Light Fury and all your friends on the Isle of New Berk in How To Train Your Dragon Homecoming, a brand new adventure based upon the critically acclaimed How to Train Your Dragon film trilogy. [src]||”|
Development and Production
|“||That's why we want to bring back the Snoggletog Pageant! ... So we were thinking we'd like to bring back the Snoggletog Pageant. [src]||”|
|— Jay Baruchel|
On February 12, 2019, Jay Baruchel dropped what would become the first hint of a holiday short in his Instagram Stories. It featured an eight second clip of himself in the sound booth, recording lines about a Snoggletog Pageant.
At the Annecy Film Festival in June, 2019, Dean DeBlois confirmed a holiday special was coming to fans in attendance. He would later also mention it in an interview. The interview was in French, but the English translation is "Apart from perhaps a special episode for the holiday season, there is — to my knowledge — no other project in development".
Around September 21, the American electronics retail company Best Buy listed a Homecoming DVD, which is set for release on December 3, 2019.
This section requires expansion.
The full transcript can be found here.
- Jay Baruchel as Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III
- America Ferrera as Astrid Haddock
- Christopher Mintz-Plasse as Fishlegs Ingerman
- Gerard Butler as Stoick the Vast
- Craig Ferguson as Gobber the Belch
- Cate Blanchett as Valka
- Kit Harington as Eret, Son of Eret
- This is the second How to Train Your Dragon holiday short to be released, with the first being Gift of the Night Fury.
- ↑ "This holiday season, we're celebrating Snoggletog! How to Train Your Dragon Homecoming, an all-new holiday special featuring the original voice cast, is coming to NBC on December 3." (Date Posted - October 10, 2019). Facebook.
- ↑ Cusseau, Clément. (Date Published - June 12, 2019). Dragons 3 : "C'est la fin de la franchise" nous confirme le réalisateur Dean DeBlois. Allociné.
- ↑ "Without spoiling anything, I would say anything is possible." (Date Posted - July 21, 2019). Twitter.
- ↑ How to Train Your Dragon: Homecoming. (Copyright - 2019). NBCUniversal.
- ↑ Bébés dragons avec enfants. (Copyright - 2019). PLAYMOBIL.
- ↑ Best Buy's HTTYD listings