|“||Careful Vikings! Hackatoo egg laid at a high altitude can hook on to whatever they hit.||”|
|— Dragons: Rise of Berk|
|“||This impulsive and reckless member of the Sharp Class is a master at collecting wood... so long as its axe-like snout doesn't get stuck in the tree it's cutting!
The Hackatoo's crest makes it seem like it's laughing while it shoots fireballs from a distance in battle.
|— Dragons: Rise of Berk|
Hackatoo eggs are normally found brown, with darker brown stripes and covered with at least three rows of spines running down its length. It is said that Hackatoos lay their eggs in trees at high altitudes, where they remain attached thanks to the spines they are covered in.
Hatchling to Adult
Hackatoos have long bodies, necks, and tails with six legs with very sharp claws. Their most notable feature is the large bladed beak that they use to cut trees, this powerful weapon is all the more dangerous with the Hackatoo's highly reinforced spine to soak up the impact and strong muscles that let it dart its head forward like a drawn bow.
Titan Wing Hackatoos are larger with blue bodies and orange wings. They have six legs and long, slender bodies. Their claws and spines are orangish-yellow and the bottom of their necks are purple.
The Hackatoo can use its axe-like snout to cut down trees and combat enemies.
The Hackatoo shoots ball-shaped fireballs, similar to those of a Rumblehorn, in quick successions before charging again.
Snout Stuck on Wood
The snout of a Hackatoo can get stuck into a tree if it's too thick. Since it is described to be reckless, it is supposed that Hackatoos can overestimate themselves when it comes to cutting trees, causing them to often get stuck.
Behavior and Personality
Hackatoos are described to be reckless and impulsive, often getting their snouts stuck in trees if they are not able to cut them.
Some individuals, such as Cloudcarver, exhibit an understanding of abstract imagery, in Cloudcarver's case, this translates at shaping clouds into objects he has eaten. Incidentally, he also demonstrates that Hackatoos have a varied carnivorous diet.
The Hackatoo has only appeared in this game as an original species by Ludia.
- The Hackatoo's name is a portmanteau of the words "hacksaw" and "cockatoo".
- The Hackatoo’s head and neck somewhat resembles a giraffe.
- The Hackatoo’s behavior is possibly based on those of a woodpecker.
- It is possible that the Hackatoo stays on its back two legs to look larger and to scare away predators.
- The Hackatoo's back four legs are bendable both forward and inwards, meaning the back four legs don't have knees and elbows.
- The Hackatoo seems to have a flexible whip-like tail end, which it may be able to use as a manipulative limb.
- Being a snake-like dragon and living in thick forests, it is possible that the Hackatoo is a very agile dragon.
- It is unknown if the spikes on the Hackatoo's tail can fling off like a Deadly Nadder's spikes can, or if they are permanently embedded in the skin.
|Hackatoo uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Rise of Berk Wiki page Hackatoo. The list of authors can be found on the page revision history (view authors).|
|Hackatoo is also available in other languages. |
Do visit these pages if you prefer reading content from the respective languages:
Deutsch • Español • Русский • Polski • 中文 • Français