|“|| These Sharp Class Dragons are rarely seen as adults, but every Viking knows to avoid their eggs! As soon as they hatch these vicious Dragons will bite the first thing... or Viking... they see!|
These Dragons have a natural instinct to fight. They are biters right out of the egg!
|— Dragons: Rise of Berk|
Egg Biters' eggs are smooth, white, oval eggs, reminiscent of a chicken's egg. However, these eggs seem to have a dragon's snout poking through it, forming cracks on its surface.
Hatchling to AdultEgg Biters are rather stockily built, possessing a thick tail and sturdy body. They have large blue eyes, two wings, and four legs. Egg Biters come in a wide variety of colors, the most common ones include Orange and Yellow or Blue and Yellow. They have a row of spikes on the back of their heads, which become more pronounced as adults. Egg Biters have several small horns on their chins or snout. They have several bright and prominent stripes on their limbs and tails and a pale, creamy underbelly.
Titan Wing Egg Biters are mostly pink with red stripes on their back. Their legs are dark yellow with red stripes. They have now more spines on their head and on their back. The spikes on their chin are now bigger. They grew two sharp talons on the wings, one talon on each wing.
Since the moment they hatch, Egg Biters have a strong, vicious bite. They bite everything, including Vikings.
The Egg Biter is able to shoot blasts of blue fire, indicating that it is very hot.
Behavior and Personality
As its name suggests, and as was seen in the Live Spectacular, the Egg Biter bites the first thing it sees when it comes out of the egg, which in one case happened to be Snotlout's head. In Dragons: Rise of Berk, it is also mentioned that Egg Biters bite the first thing they see when they hatch. However, due to the species' eager personality, the baby sometimes bites itself inside the egg, as was the case with Nipper.
In addition, this dragon is known to be a strong fighter who will protect its young and its rider at all costs.
It can be assumed that their eggs don't explode, unlike other dragon eggs, because otherwise Vikings wouldn't be around to be bitten by the babies. Because of this, it is likely that the eggs would be vulnerable to attack by either other dragons or non-dragon predators.
Right before the Viking trainees battled the Gronckle for the first time, Ruffnut, Tuffnut Thorston, and Snotlout were grabbing these eggs. As soon as the dragons came out of their eggs they started biting the Vikings' heads.
- The Egg Biter is the first dragon that only appeared in the live show to later appear in the games.
- The Egg Biter bears a strong resemblance to the Rumblehorn. However, unlike most dragons with similar appearances, they are not in the same class.
- The Egg Biter's eggs are the only ones in Dragons: Rise of Berk to show the dragon peaking out of the shell.
- When the Egg Bitter was first added to Dragons: Rise of Berk, there was a glitch where it was upside-down when placed, but right-side up when sent out to collect wood/fish. It has since been corrected.
- The Egg Biter's description in Dragons: Rise of Berk states that Vikings know to avoid an Egg Biter egg. However it would be common sense for them to avoid all dragon eggs, as they tend to explode upon hatching.
|Egg Biter uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Rise of Berk Wiki page Egg Biter. The list of authors can be found on the page revision history (view authors).|