|“||An eerie wind blows, rustling the dying leaves on the trees and ushering in Dreadfall. During this nightmarish time of the year, the fluttering of bat wings fills the air and spiders scurry out of hidden crevices to weave intricate webs. In the midst of all of the frights and mischief, the Vikings of Berk get into the spirit of the season with ghoulish farm animals, frightful decorations, and an all-new maze that is sure to get your knees knocking!||”|
|— School of Dragons|
Dreadfall encompasses the Fall season on Berk, corresponding to the US holidays of Halloween and Thanksgiving. In the games, this time includes a period of total darkness and also the time of harvest. With localities in or near the Arctic circle, daylight time is very shortened to non-existent in the Winter time. However, it is portrayed in the Fall on Berk.
Dreadfall was inspired by the appearance of the Flightmare on Berk, as seen in the Dragons: Riders of Berk episode "Fright of Passage". After the Flightmare's abilities and habits were demystified, combined with peace with the dragons, Berk still honors the tradition in a new way, dubbed Dreadfall. In both games, Flightmare motifs and events can be seen.
In both games, decorations are placed around Berk, often including pumpkins and jack-o-lanterns, stooks, and various lighted objects in the dark.
Each game releases various apparel and activities for Dreadfall.
- Berk is decorated in a Halloween-like fashion, and is darkened to nighttime.
- Often new Dragons are released with a 'scary' or other Halloween-like connection (Example: Gresskarmor, Masked Sweet Death, and Rattling Smokebreath)
- Special collections include items such as pumpkins, spiders, and candles.
- Feast of Fear-labelled activities
- Eternal Night-labelled activities
- Special costumes for main dragons
- Berk and the School of Dragons Island are decorated with stooks, pumpkins, and other Halloween-like and Fall-oriented decorations
- Occasionally themed apparel for Viking avatars appear
- The arrival of Loki's Maze of Mayhem
- Release of limited-time farm animals - spiders and turkeys
- Limited-time release of Flightmare and other themed farm and hideout decorations
- Special crops - White Pumpkins
|The Practices in|