Dragons Hero Portal is a simple game system that plugs into the TV and utilizes its screen. The player can play different dragon characters by obtaining figurines and mounting them on a special 'portal' platform.
The player maneuvers the selected dragon character on a right-scrolling screen with the provided controller. The object is to defeat the armored dragons sent by Drago Bludvist and protect Berk, while collecting various objects such as fireflies, sheep, Gronckle eggs, and the Inferno. There are six stages corresponding with six locations, as well as 18 mini-games within each stage. The final stage occurs in the lair of Drago's Bewilderbeast where the player fights that dragon.
- At the introduction to the first stage, Fishlegs announces the Outcast Tribe is attacking Berk, when it is actually Drago Bludvist and his army.
- On the map used as a base screen for each stage of the game, Itchy Armpit and Valka's Sanctuary are depicted as being part of the island of Berk.
- The lair of Drago's Bewilderbeast is a volcanic, magma-containing cave system. The Bewilderbeast is an ice-spitting sea dragon.
- Astrid Hofferson
- Drago Bludvist
- Fishlegs Ingerman
- Gobber the Belch (mentioned)
- Hiccup Haddock III
- Ruffnut Thorston
- Snotlout Jorgenson
- Tuffnut Thorston
- Deadly Nadder
- Hideous Zippleback
- Monstrous Nightmare
- Night Fury
- Whispering Death
Flora and Fauna
- Hero Portal DreamWorks Dragons Game. (2020). Amazon.
- DreamWorks Dragons Hero Portal Plug & Play TV Game (Date Posted - February 22, 2019). YouTube.